Kim’s PhD, Forests, floods and channel processes: illuminating links between forest harvesting, the flood regime and channel response in snowmelt headwater streams can be downloaded from UBC Circle using the following link http://hdl.handle.net/2429/45705
Peer-reviewed published articles:
Green, K, Alila, Y, and F. Brardinoni. (Available online March 2015). Patterns of bedload entrainment and transport in forested headwater streams of the Columbia Mountains, Canada . Earth Surface Processes and Landforms , Special Issue: Morphodynamics of steep mountain channels.
Alila, Y., and K. C. Green (2014), Reply to comment by Birkinshaw on ‘‘A paradigm shift in understanding and quantifying the effects of forest harvesting on floods in snow environments,’’ Water Resour. Res., 50, doi:10.1002/2013WR014198.
Alila Y. and K.C. Green (2014) Reply to Bathurst, J.C., (2014). Comment on: Green, K. C., and Y. Alila (2012), A paradigm shift in understanding and quantifying the effects of forest harvesting on floods in snow environments, Water Resources Research, 48, W10503, doi:10.1029/2012WR012449.
Green, K.C. Brardinoni, F. and Y. Alila. 2013. Channel morphology and bed-load yield in fluvial, formerly-glaciated headwater streams of the Columbia Mountains, Canada. Geomorphology 188, 96-109.
Green, K.C. and Y. Alila. 2012. A paradigm shift in understanding and quantifying the effects of forest harvesting on floods in snow environments. Water Resources Research Vol. 48, W10503, doi:10.1029/2012WR012449,
Treacy, S., 2012. Deforestation in snowy regions causes more floods. American Geophysical Union, Release No. 12-43. (AGU Press release on Green and Alila, 2012)
Green, K.C. and C.J. Westbrook. 2009. Changes in riparian area structure, channel hydraulics, and sediment yield following loss of beaver dams. BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management 10(1):68–79.
Green, K.C., Brown, C. and C. Steeger, (2007). Spatial and temporal variability in Riparian Function. Submitted Abstract: Riparian Management in Headwater Catchments: Translating Science into Management.
Green, K.C. (2005). A Qualitative Hydrogeomorphic Risk Analysis for British Columbia’s interior watersheds: A discussion Paper. In Streamline Watershed Management Bulletin, Vol 8, No. 2. Spring 2005. Download from:http://forrex.org/sites/default/files/publications/articles/streamline_vol8_no2_art4.pdf
Green, K.C. (2004). Effects of Wildfire on Aquatic Habitat of the Wigwam River 70 Years Later: Insights into Temporal Dynamics in Watershed Processes, Channel Condition and Riparian Function. Abstract Submitted to Theoretical and Practical Approaches for Watershed Restoration and Stream Habitat Improvement, American Fisheries Society, Montana Chapter, Feb. 2004, Whitefish Montana.
Green, K.C. and W.H. Halleran, (2002). Drainage Plans – A Comprehensive planning tool in high risk terrain. In Terrain Stability and Forest Management in the Interior of British Columbia: Workshop Proceedings, May 23-25, 2001. Nelson, B.C. Download from this link (Green and Halleran, 2002)
- Green K. and Y. Alila, 2014. Forest harvesting impacts on attributes of the flow regime in snowmelt regions. Poster presented at the American Geophysical Union annual meeting, San Francisco. December 2014. AGU poster
- Green, K, Brardinoni, F., and Y. Alila, 2014. Bedload entrainment and transport dynamics in forested snowmelt steams. Poster presented at the European Geophysical Union annual meeting, Vienna. April 2014.egu poster EGU2014-4558
- Green, K., Brardinoni, F., and Y. Alila, 2013. Channel morphology and patterns of bedload transport in fluvial, formerly-glaciated, forested headwater streams of the Columbia Mountains, Canada. Poster presented at the European Geophysical Union annual meeting, Vienna. April, 2013.K.Green Poster_EGU_2013 cotton
Power Point presentation
- Impacts of Forest Harvesting on Stream Channel Stability in Snowmelt Regions. Presented November 2015, Forests and Water workshop hosted by BC FLNRO. Kelowna, BC.
- Challenges of Applying a Risk-based Watershed Assessment in the BC interior. Presented October 15 2015. DEGIRS, APEGBC Annual Conference, Kelowna, BC.
- Managing Geohazards in the Forest Industry. Presented April 2 2015 to UBC Masters of Sustainable Forest Managers program.
- Selkirk 2nd year Hydrology guest lecture The Secret Life of Watersheds. Presented March 2014.
- Guest lecture Riparian Ecosystems Kootenay Columbia Nov 28 2012. Presented to Selkirk College students Nov. 2o12
- Duhamel Creek presentation to water users 2014 Duhamel Creek Hydrogeomorphic study findings Jan 21 2015 presentation
- Road Deactivation for DU 300, 511, January 21 2015 presentation powerpoint presentation
- Sustainable Forest Management in Watersheds, August 27, 2015 powerpoint presentation for UBC FRST 555 students.